CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

iPhone Disaster :(

Beginning this year I listed iPhone in my wish list and that wish came true in January when I bought a 32Gb iPhone from Singapore. I was so happy with it until yesterday >.<

I went home for lunch and stupidly brought the iPhone with me into the toilet. I placed it on the glass shelves near to the sink. The sink still has some water in it as it was draining out when I grabbed my iPhone from the shelves. But the casing got wet and it somehow got suctioned onto the glass shelves. Applied a bit pressure to pull it and that’s when I lose my grip of my iPhone and in it go into the sink! I think there was few seconds gap before I realize my iPhone was swimming in the whirlpool! I quickly grabbed it and try to remove the water as fast as possible. It was still working for a few secs before the lights went out but still manage to see the screen and quickly send the message that I typed halfway before entering the toilet. I switched it off, quickly dry off the excess water and placed in a container and filled it in with rice grains. That was the solution I got from the Internet. Rice grains acts like a desiccant, which absorbs moisture.

Felt really sad and depress after the incident. It took me months to save up for it and I only bought it last January! Well accident and carelessness happens and I’ve to blame myself for the stupidity. sighhh…

Anyways, I left it in the rice container overnight and switched it on this morning. Good news it still works! Bad news there are some problem with it :( there’s no sound, when I press the volume button it shows the headset is connected, probably a rice grain is stuck in there. Last I checked there wasn’t anything in there, the speaker works fine (using the recorder application and playing it on speaker mode) and the sound will only play when I plug in the headphone. Secondly, there is still some moisture on the camera lens. And lastly, some part of the screen has shadows. Sighhhhhhhhhh I plan to bring it to the Apple store for servicing, hope they will be able to help.

At the meantime, I’m using back my 1-year and 1-month-old Nokia E63 phone. Ohhh iPhone :'(

0 comments: